WADE CREEK HOUSE ANTIQUES opened in 2007. Located in an old 1940's home, we have expanded many times so there are many areas for you to browse. Located on an acre in Estacada, Oregon, your children can visit with our chickens (yes, we sell eggs) as you look around.


We are much more than an antiques store. We host community fundraisers, have two
OUTDOOR VINTAGE MARKETS every summer and hold classes and workshops throughout the year. You can find details BELOW.

OUR VENDORS LOVE TO SHOP FOR YOU. They specialize in old, rusty, antique,
primitive, vintage, recycled, revived, repurposed, salvaged, scavenged, chippy, farm, collectibles, indoor and outdoor décor. Come and see what they have found
for you!!

OPEN DAILY

SUMMER HOURS April - October
Monday - Saturday 10a - 6p and Sunday 11a - 5p

WINTER HOURS - November - March
Monday - Saturday 10a - 5p and SUNDAY 11a - 5p.

FIND US ON FACEBOOK!!


Friday, March 9, 2012

LIFE IS GOOD

March has been a big month for me.  I retired last Wednesday from my nursing job at Mt Hood Medical Center in Gresham, Oregon.  I worked there with many wonderful nurses, doctors, pharmacists, housekeepers, volunteers, kitchen staff, security, engineers, admitting staff, materials ......you guessed it... a hospital of greatness.  Not just fellow workers but my family.  I plan on lending a hand when they need it but in the meantime, The Wade Creek House and its members will finally get more of me and I am so looking forward to that.  Plus my husband of 38 years, 2 grandchildren, and our farm.  Life is full.

I love The Wade Creek House and its members.  They managed to throw me a surprise retirement party, and yes I was very surprised.  What a wonderful group of people.  But I love going to the shop.  I love walking thru all the different parts of the house & barn to see what is new.  Always something is new and they always manage to amaze me.  A very gifted group of people.  Here are some things I noticed last time....    


This violin was found in an attic in Molalla. 
 Dated 1927, this handmade violin will no longer play
but would be a great conversation piece or displayed on a wall



Now this is a story too.  I love this beautiful bowl and pitcher.  I took it from this spot to take its picture for the blog.  It is old, well over 100 years old from the Tawney family.  I put it back in this place and when I turned away, it tipped over and the bowl broke!!  Augh!!  The pitcher was fine and remains in the shop...


I met the owner of this sweet bike...   she is as cute as her childhood bike.


"Bedding Down"  Harvey Rattey  1992
A beautiful piece




Fun stacked glass..


Fun Fun Fun



Don and Amber have lots and lots of cool old signs - this is the biggest

So a little of this and a little of that.....


Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music



1 comment:

  1. So glad you will have time to come and out play now! Looking forward to having you around more...another girl with paintbrush in hand and a smile on her face!

    ReplyDelete